Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How do you care for a finger after the nail falls off?

my son got his finger slammed in a dorr about 2 weeks ago.


I noticed the nail was turning white and lifting so I just kept it clean .


however after my sons bath tonight I noticed it's barely hanging on....it's gonna fall off now, just a matter of time ( at the rate my son is picking at it, I'd say an hour tops lol )





is any special care required once it falls off?


I'm assuming just some neosporin and continue to keep it clean?How do you care for a finger after the nail falls off?
I believe you're doing a job now cleaning it and making sure it doesn't get infected. His nail will eventually fall off, but it'll grown back. I would recommend just keeping it bandaged up and clean- no special care necessary.How do you care for a finger after the nail falls off?
You have to stop him from picking at it so put neosporin on it and a bandaid...it will fall off on it's own and then keeping it clean will be your only issue....he has to stop picking because he can cause a serious infection...
ya you would just keep it clean and neosporin and a bandaid. *AND MAKE SURE HE DOESNT PICK AT IT!!!!!*
It wouldn't hurt to have the Doctor/Nurse/Pharmacist have a


look.(Caution before ALRIGHT I TOLD YOU SO';s)


Suzanne......................

No comments:

Post a Comment